Crafters know that best glue gun for crafts can make all the difference between a polished professional looking project and a DIY project that looks, well, like you did it yourself. Anyone who loves crafts projects and doesn’t use a glue gun is in for a treat.
There is a wide range of prices for glue guns, from very inexpensive at your local dollar store to incredibly expensive for people who make and sell their craft projects for a living. As with everything in life, you get more if you pay more. However, many features may not be necessary for the hobbyist.
Basic features you want to look for when shopping for a glue gun include:
- ease of use: look for a gun that is lightweight, comfortable to hold, heats quickly, and easy to use
- affordability: look for a gun that won’t eat up your entire craft budget
- durability: look for a gun that will last for a reasonable amount of time
- flexibility: look for a gun that takes universal glue sticks in various sizes that are easy to replace
Following is a product review on 10 of the top selling glue guns on the market today. If you are still confused, look over the comparison table to help determine which gun is the best choice for you.
|Product name||Weight||Stick size|
|RAGNAROS 60 Watt |
Hot Melt Glue Gun
|AdTech High Temp Glue |
Gun Combo Pack
(Best Buget Model)
|Woodland Scenics |
|FOLOTE 60W / 100W |
Optional Hot Glue Gun
Hot Glue Gun
Hot Glue Gun
|FOLOTE 60W / 100W |
Optional Hot Glue Gun Kit
|Best World LED Best|
Hot Glue Gun
|CCbetter Mini Hot |
Melt Glue Gun
|YutaoZ Hot |
Ragnaros 60 Watt: Top Rated and Recommended Glue Gun Kit
Ragnaros offers a great hot glue gun kit which includes 30 hot glue sticks. This gun has a copper nozzle with a
The best feature of this glue gun is the fact that it heats up quickly within 3-5 minutes and keeps the glue at a consistent temperature. So there is no problem with glue back-up or leakage.
This is a great middle-sized glue gun at 60 Watts for either hobbyists or serious crafters.
The Ragnaros 60 Watt Hot Glue Gun Kit is recommended for anyone who is a serious crafter or just a hobbyist looking for a great glue gun and is willing to invest a little extra money.
- Quick heating between 3-5 minutes
- Kit comes with 30 glue sticks so there is no need to buy additional until you run out
- 60 Watt is strong enough for most craft projects
- Uses standard 7/16″ glue sticks that are easy to replace
- This is an expensive option unless you can find one on sale
- The gun itself is fairly large and can be cumbersome to use one-handed
Adhesive Technologies High (Low) Temp Glue Gun Combo Pack: Small and Inexpensive Option for Beginners
This glue gun is a great option for crafters who have never used a glue gun before and just want to try one out before they invest in a more expensive model.
This small mini glue gun is lightweight and easy to use with one hand. It is good for small projects that take a short period of time and do not require much glue. It’s also a good option for children with supervision, as it only heats to 10 Watts.
The Ad Tech High (Low) Temp Glue Gun Combo Pack is recommended for first time glue gun users who just want an inexpensive glue gun to try and see if they like it. The low-temp option is recommended for families with children who use a glue gun for school projects, etc.
- Comes in either a high-temperature or low-temperature gun which is a great option for crafters with children
- Small size and lightweight design make it easy for children to use
- Good for small projects
- Comes with 10 small glue sticks
- Very inexpensive option under $10
- 10 Watt is too small for many larger craft projects
- The glue sticks are short and don’t last very long
Woodland Scenics Low-Temp Foam Glue Gun: Best Glue Gun Made for Foam Craft Projects
This gun operates at a low enough temperature so that it does not damage foam. Although this is not considered a mini, this is a smaller sized glue gun.
If you want to craft with foam, you must use a lower temperature glue gun, and this is the perfect one. It bonds instantly and works with other low-temperature glue sticks such as low-temp fabric glue sticks as well.
The Woodland Scenic Low-Temp Foam Glue Gun is recommended for foam craft projects and small DIY foam projects around the house.
- The low temperature is designed specifically for foam projects and will not melt foam the way high temperature glue guns will
- It bonds instantly
- It works well with other low-temperature glue sticks such as fabric glue sticks
- You must use special low-temperature glue sticks with this glue gun
- Small gun that is not appropriate for larger projects
- Takes at least 5 minutes to heat up and melt the glue stick
Folote 60W/100W Optional Glue Gun: The Perfect Double Temperature Glue Gun
This glue gun does not come with glue sticks, so you need to be sure you buy them separately. The gun itself takes anywhere from 5-8 minutes to heat. Some reviewers experience some glue dripping if the gun is left on for extended periods of time. The 100 Watt setting keeps the glue at an extremely hot temperature which can cause burns.
This is a perfectly versatile glue gun that can serve two purposes: light crafts or heavier industrial jobs. It takes a universal glue stick that is easy to find.
The Folote 60W/100W Optional Glue Gun is recommended for the crafter who wants the option of an industrial glue gun or a lighter craft glue gun without having to invest in more than one glue gun.
- This gun offers two power options in one glue gun
- Built in safety fuse shuts gun down if it starts to overheat
- A good price for a moderate glue gun with 2 temperature options
- Takes anywhere from 5-8 full minutes to preheat before you can use it
- The gun itself is not built as sturdily as other more expensive guns
- Glue has a tendency to drip if the gun is left on for a longer period of time
- The hottest setting keeps the glue extremely hot and can be dangerous around children
Discoball Hot Glue Gun Kit: Best Glue Gun Kit for Children and Small Projects
Discoball offers a hot glue gun kit that includes 50 bonus extra long glue sticks. This is a smaller light-weight glue gun that heats up quickly and reaches 20 Watts. The smaller size and the fact it only heats to 20 Watts makes this an easy gun for children to use.
The smaller size and light weight make this a great glue gun for children to use with supervision.
The Discoball Hot Glue Gun Kit is recommended for crafters looking for a smaller gun that comes with a lot of glue sticks for a great price.
- Heats quickly in 3-5 minutes
- Discoball offers a 24 hour refund or replacement guarantee if you are unhappy with their product for any reason
- 50 extra long glue sticks will last for a very long time before you run out and have to replace them
- At only 20 Watts, this gun is not built for larger craft projects or DIY home repairs
Blusmart Mini Hot Glue Gun With 25 Sticks: Best Mini Glue Gun for Beginners
20 Watts works for smaller craft projects, but is not strong enough for large projects or DIY home repairs.
The Blusmart Mini Hot Glue Gun Kit is recommended for first time glue gun users, small craft projects, and children with supervision.
- Quickly heats and melts glue sticks in 2-5 minutes
- Blusmart offers a 100% money back guarantee
- Comes with 25 extra long glue sticks, so you won’t have to replace them very quickly
- This mini glue gun can drip hot glue after each use
- The power cord is fairly short so you either need an extension cord or need to be close to the outlet
- It only heats to 20 Watts, so it is not a good option for larger craft projects or DIY home repairs
Folote 60W/100W Optional Hot Glue Gun With 10 pcs Glue Sticks: Best Kit For Crafters Who Want Both a 60/100 Watt Option
The additional glue sticks are minimal and won’t last very long depending on the size of the project you are using the gun on.
The 100 Watt setting keeps the glue dangerously hot and can cause burns. Some reviews report a problem with the gun dripping glue if it is held with the nozzle pointing down.
The Folote 60W/100W Optional Glue Gun Kit is recommended for crafters who want both a smaller craft glue gun and a larger industrial strength glue gun, together with a few glue sticks in one convenient kit.
- This glue gun comes with a 12-month warranty
- You can use this gun on the 60 Watts setting or 100 Watts depending on the project you are working on
- Built in safety fuse kicks in and prevents the glue gun from overheating
- This is a fairly expensive glue gun kit that comes with a few glue sticks
- This gun can take up to 8 minutes to preheat before it is ready
- Dripping hot glue can be a problem if the gun isn’t held with the nozzle pointing up
Best World LED Best Hot Glue Gun: An Energy Efficient Glue Gun With Bonus Glue Sticks
This hot glue gun comes with 25 glue sticks which will last for several projects before you need to replace them. In addition, the safety features on this glue gun can give you peace of mind.
The Best World LED Best Hot Glue Gun is recommended for crafters who are looking for a smaller gun that is lightweight and easy to use with one hand.
- The internal safety fuse prevents overheating
- It has an energy efficient design
- 100% money back guarantee if you are unhappy with the glue gun for any reason
- Best World is known for good customer service for people who are unhappy with the glue gun
- It comes with 25 glue sticks
- There could be some flow-back after releasing the trigger
- The glue drips even as the gun is preheating
- The stand is fairly flimsy and the gun can easily topple over
CCbetter Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun: Great Little Gun for Small Projects
This is a mini hot glue gun which won’t work well for industrial sized projects and may be too small for larger hands.
The CCbetter Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun is recommended for first time glue gun users, small craft projects, or children with supervision.
- CCbetter offers a 100% money back guarantee and lifetime warranty
- It works with all temperature glue sticks
- The gun comes with 25 glue sticks
- It has a convenient on/off switch
- This is a very small hot glue gun
- It takes up to 5 minutes to preheat
- This gun has a slight problem with flow-back and constant dripping
- It goes through glue sticks pretty quickly
YutaoZ Hot Glue Gun With 30 Pieces Melt Glue Sticks: Best Budget Hot Glue Gun with a Supply of Glue Sticks
This hot glue gun comes with everything you need including 30 hot glue sticks.
The YutaoZ Hot Glue Gun is recommended for crafters who use their glue gun a lot on smaller craft projects and want the convenience of extra features such as a detachable stand and an on/off switch.
- It has a detachable stand
- It has a convenient on/off switch
- This gun only heats to 20 Watts
- It can take up to 5 minutes to preheat
The technology behind glue guns is very simple. The gun melts a glue stick so you can apply a small dot or a long stream of glue to your projects. While every glue gun provides that basic service, there are details that can make the process easier or more difficult.
– Find a gun that is lightweight and comfortable for left- or right-handed users.
– Buy an inexpensive gun that takes universal glue sticks of various sizes to keep the on-going cost down as well.
– Buy the correct size gun for your projects that will heat up quickly and will last long enough to make your investment worthwhile.
– Finally, make sure your glue gun gives you enough control over the flow of glue because that’s the whole purpose, isn’t it?
Using the right glue gun can make your craft projects more fun to put together with fewer frustrating moments. If you find a glue gun that is easy to use, you will use it more often. Don’t waste money on a glue gun that is going to sit on your shelf while you look for other options.
Hobbies are what we do for fun. Find a glue gun you love that will make your craft projects more fun to work on. Your craft projects can be as much about the journey as they are about the destination.